Ladies In Fellowship Together

Follow LIFT on facebook.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Journey With Depression

LIFT: Journey with Depression
Tabitha Goodling shared her journey with depression and encouraged our group with the words and wisdom she shared.

"I decided that I had to start sharing what I now know. My story was vital. If a Christian woman would have stepped out and shared honestly that her life was not perfect, that her marriage was not perfect, that she struggled with dark thoughts - maybe-maybe I would have sought help sooner."

Tabitha credited two books with helping her through her journey:
- Victory Over Darkness and Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson
- Loved Back to Life by Shelia Walsh was suggested as well.
- Shepherds Fold Ministry in Richfield, PA was highly recommended. They take donations for their services.

Tabitha quoted from Victory Over Darkness: "Our defense against direct attacks by the evil one is to speak aloud God's truth. Why is it so important to speak God's Word in addition to believing it and speaking? Because Satan is not omniscient. He doesn't perfectly know what you're thinking."

People in our lives need to see Christ in us - not just how we handle success, but how we handle failures and downfalls.

"Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. " 2 Corinthians 12:8-9

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." Proverbs 11:2

Tabitha closed with lyrics from Francesca Battistelli's song, "If We're Honest"
Listen to this song HERE.


 
---------------------------------------------------------
Please plan to join us next month:

March 16
Natural Spring Cleaning Solutions: Tackle spring cleaning with natural products and essential oils! Wendy Kerstetter will help us make a few DIY safe, nontoxic recipes to take home that will help give you and your home a fresh start after the cold winter months. A $5 donation is appreciated for supplies.